call web integration to write to datastore

HI,

I am trying to create a process with 2 nodes: call an integration + write to db

The integration returns a Result.body - this variable is available in the next node....Example of body (json)

body (Dictionary)

• orders (List of Dictionary - 272 items)
      • Dictionary
          • orderNumber5105251(Number (Integer))
            • operatingUnitId1030(Number (Integer))
              • operatingUnitName"GEMSAM_OU_LNR_GEMS_LUNAR"(Text)
                • contractAmount4600(Number (Integer))
                  • status"B"(Text)
                    • purchaseOrderNumber"1681345522"(Text)
                      • customerNumber"131441"(Text)
                        • customerName"WOODLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL"(Text)
                          • deleted0(Number (Integer))
                          •  
                            • bookedDate11/1/2021 8:23 PM GMT+00:00(Date and Time)
                              • initDate11/1/2021 7:59 PM GMT+00:00(Date and Time)
                                • customerContractAmount4600(Number (Integer))
                                • Dictionary
                                    • orderNumber5104156(Number (Integer))
                                      • operatingUnitId1030(Number (Integer))
                                        • customerNumber"5455"(Text)
                                          • customerName"SOUND"(Text)

I tried to directly access the body.orders[0] for example at the write to db node but I am getting a "failed to index error"

I also tried to save the 1st item into a process variable in the call integration node, but I am getting the same error. 

Any ideas? 

I also followed the SpaceX sample with launches/rockets - which maps a rest api to a record store - I got this to work with my specific data type.

but these are not saved in any DB table....is there a way to save these into a db table afterwards?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
                                            Appian Employee
                                            in reply to octavian

Is it possible that the result from the integration is returning all the JSON as text? There's an option in your integration that converts the JSON response to a dictionary, but if you don't choose that it will return the body as one big text string (and you can't index into that text string).

Assuming that you do choose that option, you certainly should be able to save the orders as a process variable of type "Orders". Can you show your full output from the integration? Then we can see if the index works for the given response.

Children