Record type - new custom record field

Certified Senior Developer

Is there any way we can use related record type field or expression rules while creating custom record field in a Record type with data sync on? When I am creating a new custom record field and trying to write my own expression, it's not allowing me to use any expression rule. Also I am not able to use any field from the related/mapped records. 

It is restricting me to create user filter based on custom record field.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Currently it isn't possible to refer to a related field in a custom field. It's the same for expression rules, but you can also just copy the full expression in as a work around. That being said, we are looking at ways to continue to improve custom fields. Could you provide more information about your use case? What is your data like? What is the purpose of the custom field? (Depending on your use case there may also be a work around that could give you a similar result.)

• Currently it isn't possible to refer to a related field in a custom field. It's the same for expression rules, but you can also just copy the full expression in as a work around. That being said, we are looking at ways to continue to improve custom fields. Could you provide more information about your use case? What is your data like? What is the purpose of the custom field? (Depending on your use case there may also be a work around that could give you a similar result.)

Children