Update records

Dear all,

I have updated the possible values ​​(by changing the linked constant) of a record type field. The problem is that the data already stored for that field is not updated with the new values, but remains with the old ones. How can I change the records already archived?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This is missing all the relevant details. I try to decode ...

You have a CDT and a Data Store. A record points to this table. In a process you store data in it. Values for a field or chosen from a constant. Now you changed the constant.

If all my assumptions are correct, then you need to update the values in DB to take the new ones from the constant.

• Hello Stefan,

sorry, I will try to provide some more information.

I have a record type (Orders) and a field name inside it (status: text). This field has six possible values (let's call them A, B, C, D, E, F). This possible values are stored in a constant (text type as well). 

I tried to change this status values in (let's say) One, two, three, four, five, six (instead of A, B, C, D, E, F).

Unfortunately, appian didn't updated the record data already stored, leading to data inconsistency errors, because appian checks between the data already stored (with the old names) and the values ​​in the constant (with the new names).

Is there a way to update also data already stored, in order to update from (for example) status: A to status: One?

I understand I can change the record, but it seems I can't change already stored data

Thanks

• Hello Stefan,

sorry, I will try to provide some more information.

I have a record type (Orders) and a field name inside it (status: text). This field has six possible values (let's call them A, B, C, D, E, F). This possible values are stored in a constant (text type as well). 

I tried to change this status values in (let's say) One, two, three, four, five, six (instead of A, B, C, D, E, F).

Unfortunately, appian didn't updated the record data already stored, leading to data inconsistency errors, because appian checks between the data already stored (with the old names) and the values ​​in the constant (with the new names).

Is there a way to update also data already stored, in order to update from (for example) status: A to status: One?

I understand I can change the record, but it seems I can't change already stored data

Thanks

Children