Record Type / Editable Grid which one is better when we have 100 Columns.

I need to build an interface with 100 Editable Columns and all the columns need to be searchable & editable.
(Like a table with 100 columns and we should be able to input something and search / modify the data and submit to DB).
Which approach is suitable for this requirement? Should i go with Record Type / Editable Grid.
(I am aware that the performance may be slow due to 100 columns. But business want to evaluate how it looks like and see the performance)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi prasadr,

In Editable Grid, you cannot display more than 20 columns (depends on the type of fields, the number might slightly vary).

The horizontal scroll also doesn't work for 100 columns. The fields will be crunched in the display.

You need to go with Record, prioritizing the fields to be displayed in the List View and capture all the fields in the form mapped to the Related Action.

This way only on e record is exposed for editing. This ensures data security and  performance.

Regards,

Farnaz

• Hi prasadr,

In Editable Grid, you cannot display more than 20 columns (depends on the type of fields, the number might slightly vary).

The horizontal scroll also doesn't work for 100 columns. The fields will be crunched in the display.

You need to go with Record, prioritizing the fields to be displayed in the List View and capture all the fields in the form mapped to the Related Action.

This way only on e record is exposed for editing. This ensures data security and  performance.

Regards,

Farnaz

Children
No Data