Related Action Button

Hi Team,

I am showing all required data element in the "Summary" tab and I am providing required related actions on top right of the Summary page.

Now, I have a scenario like, when he user clicks on the "ASSIGN TO ME" related action, there is no form where user interacts. I have to save logged in user details in the database.

I know like, whenever we are handling with related action, we have to select a Process Model and generally we will assign a start form in the process model. This is how we will handle most of the scenarios.

But, in this case I don't have any screen/form where fills the data or do anything.

If user clicks on the "ASSIGN TO ME" related action, I have to save his logged in user name in the database against selected record.

Any advises please.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The behavior isn't great, but you can have related actions without any forms. If you set the related actions to open in the same tab, the page will refresh and your process will run. As long as you set up activity chaining to chain through the database write, data will update before the page fully refreshes. Another option is to chain through the write to datastore node and then onto a task form which shows a 'Success' completion message. If you open this action in a small dialog, it won't look as strange as a page refresh.

• The behavior isn't great, but you can have related actions without any forms. If you set the related actions to open in the same tab, the page will refresh and your process will run. As long as you set up activity chaining to chain through the database write, data will update before the page fully refreshes. Another option is to chain through the write to datastore node and then onto a task form which shows a 'Success' completion message. If you open this action in a small dialog, it won't look as strange as a page refresh.

Children
No Data