APNX-3-1000-030 Record Sync Failure

Certified Lead Developer

v21.4 Cloud

I am getting the below error when updating data of a synced record using a process that has Write to Data Store Entity nodes and Write to Multiple Data Store Entities nodes.

[Appian Work Item - 773428 - execution02 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.record.service.RecordReplicaUpdateService - Loading updates to synced record type(s) in ADS failed, invalidated record type(s): [(da0a35ad-c98f-40e7-975c-47ff016a2084,WMS Request)]
com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: Unable to sync due to a system failure. Issue identifier: [8d98eb66-d7a7-4786-b881-d48850c684cb] (APNX-1-4521-016)
com.appian.data.client.AdsUserInputException: APNX-3-1000-030: Invalid transaction data. Cannot update the same entity multiple times in the same transaction. Invalid id(s): (100218067)

This error is not covered in the docs so unable to find guidance on how to resolve it - docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.4/Records_Monitoring_Details.html#other-sync-errors

Has anyone run into this error? What does "Cannot update the same entity multiple times in the same transaction" mean? I should be able to write or update the Request record how many ever times I want in the process. 

Here is a short desc of the data model and the process that updates the synced record:

• The data model has 2 synced records - Request and Task - 1:N relationship. The relationship has been setup on both the records
  • The creation process model of the Request record works fine and both records are immediately synced after the are written to the db
  • The update process model however causes the immediate sync to fail. The data is updated correctly in the db, no process errors but when I try to open the record I see the record sync failure error message.
  • The monitoring page for the sync shows that the sync failed (which means the immediate sync) during a "Write to Source" event - 

Unable to sync due to a system failure. Issue identifier: [1e56f60d-f25a-43fe-bb1b-c2e9861abd60]

Process Name: <ABC>
    Modified Source Rows By Primary Key: 49

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I recently ran into the same issue with the same error message in logs.

When inserting a new entry the record sync works fine but while updating the row, the record sync fails. The reason is because we were using BIGINT as the data type of primary key in both database and appian cdt. When converting the BIGINT to INT, the record works fine.

It maybe due to the record doesn't evaluate the integer value as BIGINT even though the datatype mentions the same.

• I recently ran into the same issue with the same error message in logs.

When inserting a new entry the record sync works fine but while updating the row, the record sync fails. The reason is because we were using BIGINT as the data type of primary key in both database and appian cdt. When converting the BIGINT to INT, the record works fine.

It maybe due to the record doesn't evaluate the integer value as BIGINT even though the datatype mentions the same.

Children
No Data