Create CDT with no sequence associated to it oracle.

Hi Appian,

I have a use case to create a CDT for an oracle table. The id is configured as below, I am trying to create CDT with not specifying the sequence using JPA Annotation @GeneratedValue ( please find example 1 XML) when I do this the datastore doesn't publish. When I tried to publish my CDT with Example 2 CDT then write to db calls fail with error : ids for this class must be manually assigned before calling save().Curious to know if we can create a CDT with no sequence and make the inserts work from Appian ?

Oracle Code for ID:

"ID" NUMBER(38,0) GENERATED BY DEFAULT ON NULL AS IDENTITY MINVALUE 1 MAXVALUE 9999999999999999999999999999 INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 CACHE 20 NOORDER  NOCYCLE  NOKEEP  NOSCALE  NOT NULL ENABLE, 

Example 1 XML:

<xsd:element name="id" nillable="true" type="xsd:int">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Id @GeneratedValue @Column(name="ID", nullable=true, columnDefinition="NUMBER")</xsd:appinfo>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

Example 2 XML:

<xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Id @Column(name="ID", nullable=false, columnDefinition="NUMBER")</xsd:appinfo>

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • I am doing the same venky and in the process of doing that CDT is expecting a sequence but the sequence which is auto generated in oracle would change when deploying to higher environment, to avoid this to happen we are planning to not associate the table with any sequence. We dont need seq association as Oracle would assign a value when id is sent as null. 

Children
No Data