Create CDT with no sequence associated to it oracle.

Hi Appian,

I have a use case to create a CDT for an oracle table. The id is configured as below, I am trying to create CDT with not specifying the sequence using JPA Annotation @GeneratedValue ( please find example 1 XML) when I do this the datastore doesn't publish. When I tried to publish my CDT with Example 2 CDT then write to db calls fail with error : ids for this class must be manually assigned before calling save().Curious to know if we can create a CDT with no sequence and make the inserts work from Appian ?

Oracle Code for ID:

"ID" NUMBER(38,0) GENERATED BY DEFAULT ON NULL AS IDENTITY MINVALUE 1 MAXVALUE 9999999999999999999999999999 INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 CACHE 20 NOORDER  NOCYCLE  NOKEEP  NOSCALE  NOT NULL ENABLE, 

Example 1 XML:

<xsd:element name="id" nillable="true" type="xsd:int">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Id @GeneratedValue @Column(name="ID", nullable=true, columnDefinition="NUMBER")</xsd:appinfo>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

Example 2 XML:

<xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Id @Column(name="ID", nullable=false, columnDefinition="NUMBER")</xsd:appinfo>

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Manish,

Thanks for the input, I am aware of this approach but we are trying to emulate how auto increment cdts creation work for mysql tables. Auto increment works with mysql and even oracle supports that capability but only when I create a CDT to link a table created in oracle,  system wouldn't allow me to publish without providing a sequence. We are trying to create table with autogenerated ids and pass null from appian and db handles the job of creating id value, there by eliminating the dependency of linking sequences and maintaining them.

Children
No Data