Related Action

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I have a requirement that  in the related action ,visibility   if the user not in the group then need to have a message that you don't have permission to have this related action else user can do related action.

But i want this action to be done without clicking on related action (by default depending on user).

Please suggest any  solution for this. 

Thanks & Regards,

saidivya Minna

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It does, as suggests, sounds like a strange UX - "here's an action but you can't do right now". That may be what's required (everything has its context and we may not be privy to the full context in which you're working)...if it is then you can make re-use of the related action visibility logic (i.e. ensure you encapsulate it in a separate Expression Rule so that you only have to change it in one place) and, assuming your related action has been placed in a User Interface by you (rather than the OOTB related action that appears top right of a record view) then you can make a discrete UI component visible when the related action visibility is false, and vice-versa. 

• It does, as suggests, sounds like a strange UX - "here's an action but you can't do right now". That may be what's required (everything has its context and we may not be privy to the full context in which you're working)...if it is then you can make re-use of the related action visibility logic (i.e. ensure you encapsulate it in a separate Expression Rule so that you only have to change it in one place) and, assuming your related action has been placed in a User Interface by you (rather than the OOTB related action that appears top right of a record view) then you can make a discrete UI component visible when the related action visibility is false, and vice-versa. 

Children