How to fetch record details

Hi,

We are using Appian version 22.1, cloud database. Basically, we are trying to fetch Record Details (uuid, record fields, record data source,etc) from log file "hc-record-types.csv". For records that has been created from Appian CDT, we were able to fetch details successfully.

But, records which has been created directly from the database schema table , datastoreentity uuid is empty in logfile. So, it is not possible for us to fetch record details from csv file with the help of datastoreentity uuid.

Can you please help me where or how to find the uuid of database tables for which CDT not created in Appian OR Is there any other way to fetch record details apart from log files??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Stefan,

We have downloaded "Ad-hoc Reporting" application from Appmarket which helps users to generate chart reports(grid, pie,bar,column,etc..) dynamically. The data for these reports comes from uploading a zip file which contains Record type, CDT or DS.

We are trying to avoid this upload Zip file functionality, since it leads to unnecessary confusion for the user. So We have created a workaround, which is to fetch Record related information from log files. We were able to achieve the desired outcome for old versions of entity based records.

But as per the new Appian feature, record which are created directly from the database table does not have information about data source in log files. So we are stuck at the moment.

Can you please tell me how to fix this or is there any other way available to achieve this usecase?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kanishkha S

Interesting use case. I have no idea. I suggest to contact Appian.