Import Excel to Database Batch Size is not working

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I would like to inform you that I am using Import Excel to Database smart service. I have able to insert data to database successfully but it is always inserting 1000 rows (the default value of Batch Size) though I have set the Batch Size to 40. It is inserting 960 rows extra with 0 or null values along with the valid 40 rows. Can anyone please help me regarding it. Following is the screenshot:

Is there any link of proper documentation for Import Excel to Database smart service? Can you please share the document link with me?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm not familiar with this one, but I'd like to suggest an alternate approach if you can consider it.  Check out the Read Excel Sheet function, also found in the Excel Tools plug-in, which will allow you to read Excel data to a local dictionary (which you can then do data parsing / cleanup on, prior to writing it to your data store).

• I'd like to second using the fn!readexcelsheetpaging() function into a local dictionary, this gives you much more flexibility and debugging power as you can see the Excel translated to a dictionary, the dictionary translated to your CDT, then you persist your CDT with Write to DS.

I stay away from these services that write an Excel file or CSV directly to the DB, we see issues like this regularly which are difficult to debug - switching to the functions to read the file and converting it to a CDT yourself is much better all around in my opinion.

• I'd like to second using the fn!readexcelsheetpaging() function into a local dictionary, this gives you much more flexibility and debugging power as you can see the Excel translated to a dictionary, the dictionary translated to your CDT, then you persist your CDT with Write to DS.

I stay away from these services that write an Excel file or CSV directly to the DB, we see issues like this regularly which are difficult to debug - switching to the functions to read the file and converting it to a CDT yourself is much better all around in my opinion.

Children
No Data