BUG Decimal Digit

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

we use a query entity to retrieve decimal numbers to check data inserted.

After testing, we see that Appian have a strange behaviour with decimal digits, according to the integer digits of the number. 

For example, when we insert a number with 5 integer digits, it shows 2 decimal digit, while, when we insert a number of 6 integer digits, it shows 1 decimal digit. With 7 (or more) integer digits, no decimal digits are visible. 

This is not a DB problem, because, if I use an expression rule, with a conversion on decimal number, I get the same problem.

Here some examples:

I try also "fixed" function, but sometimes it doesn't works.

Is there a workaournd to get the right value? 

Thanks.

Regards.

Juri Monti

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK, the values are not being changed at all; instead what you're seeing is Appian deciding what significant digits to show on the front-end when rendering the text to show us.  Like how you can output the value of "now()" in an expression rule and it doesn't display seconds and milliseconds, but they're still there in the data if you "dig" correctly.

So I'm not really sure how to answer your question since I'm not sure what you're actually trying to do, but I suspect so far you're approaching it with incorrect assumptions - and if you remedy that, you might just find your own solution I suppose.

Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK, the values are not being changed at all; instead what you're seeing is Appian deciding what significant digits to show on the front-end when rendering the text to show us.  Like how you can output the value of "now()" in an expression rule and it doesn't display seconds and milliseconds, but they're still there in the data if you "dig" correctly.

So I'm not really sure how to answer your question since I'm not sure what you're actually trying to do, but I suspect so far you're approaching it with incorrect assumptions - and if you remedy that, you might just find your own solution I suppose.

Children
No Data