Data type

When I'm trying to create a datatype from dB I'm getting the following error,

"Your data type could not be created.please consult the logs for more information"

Can anyone please help me with this??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Unfortunately without being able to locate the error message, this could be quite difficult to guess at what is occurring.  There should be an error logged somewhere - I'm not focused on administration so not sure of which log off the top of my head, maybe it is noted in the documentation.

Is this a new environment?

Can/have you created other data types from the DB successfully (are you having an error with a single one, or any that you try)?

Which step of creating the data type is throwing the error?

Screen shots?

• Hi Chris,

Yes it's a new version and I'm facing with only one table this kind of problem, whereas for other tables I successfully created the cdts but here it was asking me to check the logs

I just wanted to be sure which logs should I check and where should I check. Can you please elaborate.

Thanks in advance

• Error,

Action Failed

Your data type could not be created. Please consult the logs for more information.

• Unfortunately I'm not positive which log this error would be listed in, but I would suggest reviewing the documentation first, and you can also re-create the error and see if any logs have been updated since that time, and start with those.

My guess that it is due to the underlying configuration on the table, I'm not sure what conditions might cause an error in Appian, be it composite keys, no keys, certain data types, etc. 

If you need help from the DB side, we would request to post your CREATE script on the table here if possible.  This can become interesting if you need modifications and the table is in production however.