Record Data Filter Based on Clicking columns links

Hi Team,

we got one requirement where the objects have multiple parent child relationship so we created one table and added one column called parentId and it is used to map all the child objects assigned to it.

Now we created one record and the requirement is to add a column called child objects and will provide a rich Text Icon with link in that column and on the click of that click we have to filter the data mapped to that parent and we need to capture the sequence of user clicks (Since the parent has Childs and sub Childs).

Can someone help me on how to implement this requirement.

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

If I am not wrong you want to pass all the filters which are related to a particular parent-child relationship in one click.

I think we can redirect the user to the record by creating a grid from the query entity and passing the filters directly to the query via links and we can use record link to redirect the user to records.

• Hi Ujjwal,

I used record as a source in my grid field for displaying the data and I don't want to use the query entity. So by using the existing record functionality do we have any option to filter the data on click of the column link.

If I am using query entity as you mentioned I can capture the selected parent Id on click of the link and pass the same to query entity and filter the grid data subset but since I am using the record in-build feature I don't have an option to pass the selected values to pass and filter the data

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to krishnad50

Yes I understand your problem but as far as I know, there is no such feature.

Certified Lead Developer

Appian user filters (record filters) are not possible to have an input. They are created at design time and can not be updated by a usere interaction. I think this is a much need feature request for the framework. You can get similar functionality by building your own filter/drop down. You then pass the filter into the source for the grid. You should be able to do this with either the function a!record data, or a query entity. The problem with this approach is that you loose some of the cool filter saving functionality with user filters and you have to mess with the UX a bit to get it to mesh well if your using the search box.