Execute stored procedure smart service

Certified Senior Developer

Can we pass data of CDT type into a database table using Execute stored procedure smart service just like how it is done using Write to datastore entity smart service? Or else do we have to pass each and every data of cdt as a separate parameter using Execute stored procedure smart service?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

hi,never done that myself. as you can pass data to a stored procedure, it should be posisble.
    the question is rather: why you want to do that? not everything which is possible is senseful.

in reply to Richard Michaelis

Actually I was using Write to data store smart service, On some occasions, it does not execute due to some errors which can be any. If it fails, the process wont move any further. It will trigger a message to a certain people that an error has occured, I want that flow to continue even if there is an error and i need to catch if error has occured or not inside that node and if error occured, need to change the flow. This is not possible using write to data store smart service since we don't have any success or error outputs inside that node. 

Execute stored procedure has this feature so I was trying this one to find whether its possible or not. Using Write to data store smart service, we can pass data of CDT type to database but the drawback is we do not have success or error output parameters.

in reply to Sarathkumar R

with " want that flow to continue even if there is an error" you try to counter a basic concept by appian or even for BPMN.
    If you have an issue by executing the node, then you should stop and investigate. you currently try to create a workaround for convenience ;)  
    How do you discover by a stoed procedure, if everything worked out fine when you "Pause node on error"=false?
    In the best practice guide to my dev teams i would never recommend setting that to false as besides really checking the DB on regular basis and having clear semantic criteria, you wont know if the storing was succesful.

Thanks Richard on the info. I thought using exception flow instead of this work around, but the problem is I am not sure when to trigger this exception path. I tried using timer, but it does not seem reliable. I saw in some posts that they had something like 'jdbc_flag', but not exactly sure about it. By using exception flow, we won't violate the basic appian concept. Please let me know if we can do something by configuring using exceptions.

Thanks Richard on the info. I thought using exception flow instead of this work around, but the problem is I am not sure when to trigger this exception path. I tried using timer, but it does not seem reliable. I saw in some posts that they had something like 'jdbc_flag', but not exactly sure about it. By using exception flow, we won't violate the basic appian concept. Please let me know if we can do something by configuring using exceptions.

Children