Cannot access record relationship data in Summery View

Certified Associate Developer

I am creating a Summery View based on a record with multiple one to one relationships that I want to use to display data in the view as well. However, I can't get the data to show up in the view by just referencing the relationship (although the relationships, and their associated fields, do show up as options when selecting the record field to be used). I can use a!queryRecordType to successfully access the data, but I don't want to have to make a query for each relationship if I can avoid it, since there are about 24 relationships and that would probably have an impact on the performance.

I have created a local variable that just tries to call data from a relationship, but all it returns is null. When I change it to call data from the source record it work perfectly. I have also verified that there is data in the row being called, and the relationship works properly when used in the record type (shown in the second image).

Below is the local variable that is mentioned above, as well as some screenshots showing the data in the referenced record, the interface definition configured in the view, and the relationship definition with the preview of the row being used.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

local!test9: ri!record['recordType!SH failure analysis.relationships.shFaIbrotaryface.fields.symptom']

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible