how to rename source field in a record type

Certified Associate Developer

I would like to rename the source field name for a field in one of my record types ('source field name' is the field in the database table, holding the record type).

In the record type, screen Data Model > Configure Fields, I am allowed to change the record field name (the field name visible in Appian), but the source field name is readonly!

In this particular case, I would like to change "workzonecaseid" to "WORKZONE_SAGS_NR":

Here's the current situation in MariaDB:

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Top Replies

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)
    If you change that field, you have actually changed the Id also. 

Should it be that way?  I figured one of the presumed benefits of the new RecordType data system was that it can obfuscate all this stuff in a way that it gets handled automatically - thus you'd think if it has a way of knowing that the underlying DB field name for a given property is changed, then it should be able to reflect the new field inherently without needing to assign a new UUID to it.

That said, if the field name is changed in the DB out from under the synced data type, i'm not sure how the synced data type would be expected to know it's the same field.  I suppose maybe this is an argument in favor of allowing the synced data type to be able to handle this from the Designer UI.  I suppose it's not possible to do some sort of code-level update like updating the XSD for a CDT... interesting question Confounded

Children
No Data