Interface Performance

Hi Experts,

I have implemented readOnly grid with RecordType as a datasource.

Search options was only working for the the columns which I have configured in the gridField, so for search to filter on all the columns I have added all the columns of the cdt/table as gridField column with showWhen as false.

Will it be having any impact of performance?

I tried to lookinto the performance matrix of the UI but in both the cases performance is almost identical.

Q: Question that I have up in my mind is weather the performance will get deteriorated with the increase in amount of data pulled through record or will it behave as it is ?

Q: Since all the data is already coming through record , showing it in grid will have considerable impact on performance or not ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I would say the short answer is you have to benchmark and see.

Everything you do has an impact on performance.  It matters whether that impact is one you can live with or not.  So determine the data you're likely to have, find a way to simulate two or three times that much at least, and benchmark.  See if what you're planning leaves it still within an acceptable range.

Premature optimization is the enemy.

Certified Lead Developer

I would say the short answer is you have to benchmark and see.

Everything you do has an impact on performance.  It matters whether that impact is one you can live with or not.  So determine the data you're likely to have, find a way to simulate two or three times that much at least, and benchmark.  See if what you're planning leaves it still within an acceptable range.

Premature optimization is the enemy.

Children
No Data