Using Query Record Type with Aggregation Fields - seemingly breaks Read-only Grid

Certified Lead Developer

Hi all,

I'm dabbling with some "serious" QueryRecordType interface use for the first time in a bit, and for the first time I'm attempting to use the built-in Aggregation.

My use case: a simple one, basically showing a grid sorted by frequency of use of a potentially repeating column.  I'm using Aggregation Fields and grouping by that column, while doing a "count" in a measure.  When I run this a!queryRecordType() in an expression rule it works beautifully.  I notice: it returns an a!map() data result rather than a DataSubset.

Then I try to plug it into a Read-Only Grid and things start going a bit haywire.

If I try to use it as you normally would use a RecordType source, the grid errors with a complaint about returning List Data.  If I try to run the query in a Local Variable first, it doesn't quite work right, because with the local variable not resolving as a DataSubset, the grid doesn't quite recognize what info I'm trying to pass it (it seems to read the result as a dictionary array with a length of 1).

To get it to work as desired, I actually had to forcibly cast the query result as DataSubset using what I find to be a rather clumsy workaround (though it instantly worked).

Anyone else noticed this so far?  Is this a legit bug that I should just report, or am I just missing something that should've been obvious?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible