How do I sort an array of record type similar to like sort an array of CDTs?

Certified Associate Developer

I need the ability to sort an array of a Record Type similar to how for an array of dictionaries or CDTs you can use a!dataSubset() with the correct paging info.  I tried that with an array of record type and with the correct paging info using the record syntax.  It did not error out when called like todatasubset().  It just returned exactly what I passed in.

Requerying the the database using a!queryRecordType() is not an option.  Until a form is submitted, I have to continue manipulating what's in local variables.  Because of the sheer size of the input fields and the quantities of fields, I can not use either a!gridField() or a!gridLayout().  I am looping through using a!forEach() in a card layout.  Removing and re-inserting back into the array is what I am doing for certain user sort functionality.  But, it's more efficient to then resort for all the remainder sub and sub-sub elements in the array.

I prefer not having to cast it to an array of CDT, sort, then recast it back to an array of record type.  That just seems very inefficient.  But, if Appian doesn't support the feature I need, and not anytime soon, then looks like I don't have any choice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Brian

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible