Records Usage log -- not auditing Record List searches

Currently building out a Usage Metrics dashboard which uses a plugin to read the Records Usage log. In the "Filters" field returned from said log, it records searches which are typed into picker fields but NOT searches typed into the search box on the grid. 

For example, when I'm searching a gridField populated by a!recordData sourcing from a synced Record Type, using the OOTB gridField search box, nothing is recorded in the Records Usage log. Nor does it record any application of user filters. 

When I am using a pickerFieldRecords sourcing from the same synced Record Type, only then are my search or filter values recorded in the log. 

Effectively, nothing is recorded in Filters when applied to the Record Type-backed grid; this seems like an error -- that only searches/filters applied via picker field would be saved. Everything I read in Appian documentation led me to believe that the above data points would be saved under Action = "Record List Search" and Filters would contain "facet filters and/or searches that were selected at the time of the action". 

I haven't worked much with logs before so I'm unsure if this is some sort of oversight on my behalf. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data