RecordType Sync via Smart Service not working due to Unique Constraint

Dear all,

I'm facing an issue regarding the full sync of a RecordType via Smart Service, which contains a field with Unique constraint

This is what I'm trying to implement:

• First, a large amount of data (several thousand rows) is uploaded to my database table.
  • In that process, first the old data in the database is deleted, because appending the new data would violate the Unique constraint.
  • After the new data is in my database table, I want to do a full sync on my RecordType

The problem is, the sync via Smart Service results in an error due to a violation of a Unique constraint. The source data does NOT violate this constraint. I'm pretty sure the issue is that Appian still holds the old data in the RecordType. So when trying to sync the new data, Appian compares old and new data with the same Unique field, which results in the error.

This error does NOT happen when triggering a full sync manually.

I guess to make my approach (syncing via batches and Smart Service) possible, I have to trigger two automatic syncs:

1. After the old data is deleted
  2. After the new data is added

Does anyone know a better way to implement this? Also, are there any news when it's going to be possible to simply trigger the full sync programmatically withouth having to work with these workarounds?

Thanks and best regards,

Elias

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data