Hi, I have a record type in which I have set the filters to view the record

Hi,
I have a record type in which I have set the filters to view the record based on the logged In User using "in" operator . If there are no records for the user, I am getting the error as "cannot apply "in" operator to the record field".
Please provide suggestions....

OriginalPostID-113124

OriginalPostID-113124

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • What is your expression? I have achieved something similar with this expression:

Record Field: viewerGroupID
    Operator: in
    Value: ={tointeger(getgroupsoftypeforuser(loggedInUser(), "MMS Viewer Groups"))}

ViewerGroupID is an integer field in the database which is the groupID in the system. The expression constructs a list of group IDs of the group type for the logged in user. Be careful when filtering in this fashion, it works for filtering based on who is viewing data, but not actually securing the data.
  • What is your expression? I have achieved something similar with this expression:

Record Field: viewerGroupID
    Operator: in
    Value: ={tointeger(getgroupsoftypeforuser(loggedInUser(), "MMS Viewer Groups"))}

ViewerGroupID is an integer field in the database which is the groupID in the system. The expression constructs a list of group IDs of the group type for the logged in user. Be careful when filtering in this fashion, it works for filtering based on who is viewing data, but not actually securing the data.
Children
No Data