Record Type

Good Evening Appians,

i have a student record type and a course record type and both works fine but the problem is, i want to pick the ID of the particular logged in student and attach it to an interface where it will save to the db on triggering the submit button. Please how do i achieve this ??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are 3 steps to it. 

1. Query the ID of the logged in user by passing its username as a filter in your student record and store it in a local variable. 
    2. When you click on the submit button, use the button's saveInto to construct an a!save() which will save the ID of the student in the respective CDT's field that should most probably be your rule input (RI)
    3. And finally, when your user input task submits, the process will move forward and using the Write to record smart service, you will be able to write everything to the DB

Try this and comment if you face any issues. 

• There are 3 steps to it. 

1. Query the ID of the logged in user by passing its username as a filter in your student record and store it in a local variable. 
    2. When you click on the submit button, use the button's saveInto to construct an a!save() which will save the ID of the student in the respective CDT's field that should most probably be your rule input (RI)
    3. And finally, when your user input task submits, the process will move forward and using the Write to record smart service, you will be able to write everything to the DB

Try this and comment if you face any issues. 

Children