Write data entity vs write record

Certified Senior Developer

Hi all,

I want to ask about the difference between "write data entity" and "write record".

As an example, I have to store information in the database on 3 different tables, and I am using the  "write multiple data entity" option.

which would be the most optimal performance in these cases, 3 "write records" or "write multiple data entity" with 3 transitions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The write to multiple data store entity is probably slightly faster since it doesn't have to manage the sync. That being said, there are significant performance gains when querying data in synced records vs unsynced since you can get all the related record data in one go vs doing multiple queries.

Furthermore, I would assume that the difference in performance between the write to multiple DSE is probably negligible/small compared to 3 write records run in parallel.

Certified Lead Developer

The write to multiple data store entity is probably slightly faster since it doesn't have to manage the sync. That being said, there are significant performance gains when querying data in synced records vs unsynced since you can get all the related record data in one go vs doing multiple queries.

Furthermore, I would assume that the difference in performance between the write to multiple DSE is probably negligible/small compared to 3 write records run in parallel.

Children
No Data