Create View using Sync Record Tables

Certified Senior Developer

I have 3 different Records and respective tables where SYNC is enabled.

Now, i want to create a view on top of these 3 tables and export to excel or use it any other workflow.

I am not planning to query view using queryentity or queryrecord etc but i use SQL Statement to get required data and populate on excel in PM.

If not view, I am left with stored procedure which is the least option in the list.

Question: Can i create view on top of synced records/tables in first place? All the resources says that i cant (if i query on it using queryentity or queryrecord) or in general etc..

If not what is the work around?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • We had a similar request, the first thing what we did was asking, what is the business reason to have such a huge download? :-)
    Regarding merging the Excel Sheets. We were able to overcome somehow the limit of 50 columns by writing 
    50 columns to the Excel Sheet and the next 50 columns we were writing to the second tab in the Excel sheet. 
    Doing so, everything can be done in Appian and no need for multiple extra steps and involvement of a third party tool.

Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to juergeng0002

1. Business use all this data for reporting purposes.

2. They are expecting the data to be in 1 sheet and in a template where they(or their processes) run some macros on it and looking for exact format etc.. They are not willing to change anything on their end.

But would give it a try and see if they are willing for slight changes which they are not.

Thanks for your response!