Data & Time in Records

Hello,

For storing date and time for (dateTime type variable) in record I'm using now() function.

But in record type its format is like : 9/10/2023 12:50 PM GMT+05:30 and in database it is of this format : 2023-09-10 08:06:33.100000.

I want in record type and database should have same format like this : 9/10/2023 12:50 PM GMT+05:30. 

As I'm using stored procedure to get data between two dates, but I'm passing the date format as 9/10/2023 12:50 PM GMT+05:30 and in database it is in this format 2023-09-10 08:06:33.100000, so not getting the data after executing stored procedure.

Thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This is just a matter of how that value is displayed to you. The DB uses the ISO format, while Appian uses a US format. If you need to display, not transform, a date in a different format, the text() function is your friend. But do this in the UI only.

And regarding your stored procedure. Either use the ISO format, or one of the date parsing function MariaDB provides.

• Stefan is correct, but I couldn't tell if the poster was also asking about the time zone. One other thing to keep in mind is that the data is always stored in the UTC time zone in the database, but when you query the results in Appian it will show it in your current time zone. I don't recommend trying to offset the data - just keep it as is and Appian will automatically transform it to the correct time zone for each user.

• Stefan is correct, but I couldn't tell if the poster was also asking about the time zone. One other thing to keep in mind is that the data is always stored in the UTC time zone in the database, but when you query the results in Appian it will show it in your current time zone. I don't recommend trying to offset the data - just keep it as is and Appian will automatically transform it to the correct time zone for each user.

Children
No Data