Sorting on text & non text fields

Certified Associate Developer

I have a record with all text columns, even the integer/decimal data is being saved in text type fields. In appian I want to sort ascending/descending properly but it is taking the ASCII value of string & sorting them on that basis. Is there any work around in "gridField" with data as recordType?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

No solution to do the same direct. But few solutions I can think. My recommendation is 1st one only.

1. Change the data type in DB, which is effort and time consuming.

2. Get the data from record and then convert manually to integer or decimal (say type casting) then you won't be able to use grid record as your data would be in local. So, you will end up in regular grid.

3. Duplicates the columns in the record source by adding custom field and then use those custom field for sorting. 

Certified Lead Developer

No solution to do the same direct. But few solutions I can think. My recommendation is 1st one only.

1. Change the data type in DB, which is effort and time consuming.

2. Get the data from record and then convert manually to integer or decimal (say type casting) then you won't be able to use grid record as your data would be in local. So, you will end up in regular grid.

3. Duplicates the columns in the record source by adding custom field and then use those custom field for sorting. 

Children
No Data