How to use calWorkDays with a!customFieldDateDiff function

Certified Associate Developer

I want to calculate number of working days between two dates (record field) and use the output as a custom field in the record. Getting stuck while trying to use calworkDays in a!customFieldDateDiff function. Can anyone please help

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to parikshitd0001

Hey there is an update in the use case, If I filter by Business days=4, then this would mean that only the cases which have been open for 4 business days would come in the filter result and if the case is created on weekends then it should not take the weekend while calculating the business days for ex. If case is opened on Saturday, and the filter is applied on Tuesday, then the business days open for that case would be 2 i.e. Mon & Tue. 

Is there any possible way to solve this.

Also this filter is to be done on an interface which would then populate the case details from the record.  

Certified Lead Developer

In my applications, I store the due date, calculated at the time of writing the data. Storing a number of hours/days requires you to do that calculation at runtime. which gets you in the trouble you are.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan,

Any suggestions on how this could be achieved? Due date calculation is different scenario which will not wok here.

We cannot store business days open field also while writing the data as well because it is a runtime function. 

calworkdays func works but only for displaying open days in grid column , how to apply business day search filter on top of that grid list ?

in reply to Stefan Helzle

Got it Stefan but for us Due date would be today's date or the date when the filter is being applied...So is it possible to store the current data in record as a field which would keep updating itself.

Certified Lead Developer

This is so confusing !!! I have a hard time understanding all this logic. When I work on cases, I care about the one that is open for the longest time. Filtering for a case that is exactly open since 4 days, seems weird to me. But that is just my personal opinion.

So, can't you just not do any calculations, but adjust the filter value in a way it includes non-working time? So, on a Monday, I want to see cases that are open for more than 4 days. This means that I actually have to filter for > 6 days, right? Using a!subtractDateTime, I get exactly that date.

So I transfer the calculation from DB into the filter attribute.

This would make sense in the way I understand your explanations. But I might be completely wrong.