If I have an entity-backed record dashboard (say, for Record 1), and want to dis

If I have an entity-backed record dashboard (say, for Record 1), and want to display data from another entity-backed record (Record 2) on that (Record 1) record dashboard, does Record 2 need to have a foreign key value for the primary key of Record 1, or can it be any value in Record 1?

The reason I'm asking is that we need to create a database view that will be the basis of Record 1, and, in doing so, the PK of Record 1 would just be a random guid that doesn't exist in any other tables/views.

Thanks,
Dylan...

OriginalPostID-116138

OriginalPostID-116138

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• A foreign key would definitely help with the performance of any query rule that you would create. However, you can query any entity you like via a SAIL expression to pull back related data.
    Hope that helps and I am understanding what you are asking
  • Thanks, Christine. Just to be clear. For the db view we'd be creating, the pk of that view would be a random guid, which would subsequently be the record id. If I want to display related data on that record dashboard, the pk of the "main" record doesn't have to exist in any other record? For example, record id = abcdef, another data item value would be 1234. Can I display related data from another record/record type that contains the data item value of 1234, but not abcdef?