Appian Dual Sorting

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue when we try to fetch the data through a query entity with a specified column sorting. When we execute the expression we specify the column on which sorting needs to happen. But when we get the result back we see two sorting columns in the result set.

Is there any reason that might cause this? This is causing us perfomance issues

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Why would you think this is "causing performance issues"?  AFAIK a secondary sort on the primary key ID would not add anything more than trivial extra burden to the query, if that.

In any case I'm guessing this relates to the Documented Feature Evolution released in Appian 22.3 wherein the queryEntity behavior was changed to "fix an incorrect sorting behavior so that a sort is now automatically applied on the primary key field when there is no other sort applied" (and i assume this might mean that it's been added as a secondary sort in other circumstances, such as sorting on other non-unique fields, so that sorts on returned queries avoid an erratic behavior where different queries are returned in different orders for no apparent reason).

Certified Lead Developer

Why would you think this is "causing performance issues"?  AFAIK a secondary sort on the primary key ID would not add anything more than trivial extra burden to the query, if that.

In any case I'm guessing this relates to the Documented Feature Evolution released in Appian 22.3 wherein the queryEntity behavior was changed to "fix an incorrect sorting behavior so that a sort is now automatically applied on the primary key field when there is no other sort applied" (and i assume this might mean that it's been added as a secondary sort in other circumstances, such as sorting on other non-unique fields, so that sorts on returned queries avoid an erratic behavior where different queries are returned in different orders for no apparent reason).

Children
No Data