Replacing view with record relationship

I'm currently working on a functionality that involves view with huge dataset in Appian and I am planning to replace it with record relationship. I have a situation where I'm using a left join with a table and implementing a self-join with three conditions using the AND operator.

Here's the view that I want to replace.

SELECT
`snapFrom`.`id` AS `id`,
`snapFrom`.`material` AS `material`,
CAST(
`snapFrom`.`FCFinalTotal` AS DOUBLE
) AS `FCFinalTotalFrom`,
CAST(`snapTo`.`FCFinalTotal` AS DOUBLE) AS `FCFinalTotalTo`,
`snapFrom`.`snapshot` AS `snapFrom`,
`snapTo`.`snapshot` AS `snapTo`,
`snapTo`.`FCFinalTotal` - `snapFrom`.`FCFinalTotal` AS `diffValue`,
CONCAT(
SUBSTRING_INDEX(`snapFrom`.`calWeek`, '.', -1),
'.',
SUBSTRING_INDEX(`snapFrom`.`calWeek`, '.', 1)
) AS `calWeek`,
`m`.`basecode` AS `baseCode`
FROM
(
(
`Appian`.`SOE_STAGING_FORECAST_WEEKLY` `snapFrom`
LEFT JOIN `Appian`.`SOE_STAGING_FORECAST_WEEKLY` `snapTo`
ON
(
`snapFrom`.`calWeek` = `snapTo`.`calWeek` AND `snapFrom`.`material` = `snapTo`.`material` AND `snapFrom`.`companyCode` = `snapTo`.`companyCode`
)
)
LEFT JOIN `Appian`.`SOE_MaterialMasterData` `m`
ON
(
`m`.`material` = `snapFrom`.`material` AND `m`.`companyCode` = `snapFrom`.`companyCode`
)
)
WHERE
`m`.`basecode` IS NOT NULL

I have created three records and established the relationship, but i am struggling to add join condition, can someone advice how we can add these join conditions.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I have a same scenario where I am replacing the existing summary view to Appian Records. From the above message I can understand that after establishing relationship you are not able get the desired record list what you expect. My suggestion would be to have a recheck on relationships established and confirm that proper relationship type is chosen and relationship for all fields in join are made. Once refresh relationship in all three records and try again.

Certified Lead Developer

I have a same scenario where I am replacing the existing summary view to Appian Records. From the above message I can understand that after establishing relationship you are not able get the desired record list what you expect. My suggestion would be to have a recheck on relationships established and confirm that proper relationship type is chosen and relationship for all fields in join are made. Once refresh relationship in all three records and try again.

Children