Is it possible to make a!recordFilterChoices work the same way as a!multipleDropdownField whenever two labels are equals ? (now it raises an error)

I was doing some User Filters for some not synced Record Types that sources from web requests

And noticed that when there are two possible labels with the same text inside a a!recordFilterChoices it raises an error saying that the labels are duplicated even when its selection values are different.

But, this behavior is not present on a!multipleDropdownField, it works just fine as shown below:

Is it possible to replicate this behavior to a!recordFilterChoices as the label is something that the user can freely change and that change can lead to a more fragile and prone to error system ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards Slight smile

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello,

Question seems to be for base platform team but just to share my thought if I am not wrong it should be other way duplicate label doesn't make sense even in multiple dropdown field so it should also error.

Regards

• I don't think it should raise an error.

Supose you have two rows with labels A and B with different Ids.
    Now the user, for some business motive, needs to change the label of row B from "B" to "A".

This will lead to the whole system breaking apart and raising errors everywhere because the system based its decision in a field that is not unique and not even a key.

From the system perperctive, it should be imune to this kind of change and it should base on more solid and unique fields.

And now, this can break a lot of systems out there if they implement a change like that.

• I don't think it should raise an error.

Supose you have two rows with labels A and B with different Ids.
    Now the user, for some business motive, needs to change the label of row B from "B" to "A".

This will lead to the whole system breaking apart and raising errors everywhere because the system based its decision in a field that is not unique and not even a key.

From the system perperctive, it should be imune to this kind of change and it should base on more solid and unique fields.

And now, this can break a lot of systems out there if they implement a change like that.

Children
No Data