Record Type configuration and Mapping

I have a record type named Patient and in that there are columns like Name ,Age and Gender. I need to store the value in Gender as M and F. There is another recordtype named reference and there I have 2 columns such as gender code and gender name .There are 2 records ,one is gender code M for gender name Male and second is gender code F for the gender name female .When I am displaying the record list I need to show the gender values as Male and Female instead of M and F by mapping to the recordtype reference . Please tell me how to configure this .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello  

You can have Record-Type Relationships and achieve what you are expecting. Also I would recommend use ID of your Reference data to be saved in the Patient Record, so that later if any values from your reference would update It will reflect the same here as your PK will be pointing to the same data.

1. Click on add relationship from your Patient Record

2. Select your RecordType which would be your Reference

3. Select the suitable option, In this case Many to One. Select the field from Patient which has the Reference value and select the reference field which it refers to.

Save the Record. To use it in the display you can simple call in the below manner from your interface/rule

Know more about Record-Relationships and how to take advantage of it.

Certified Senior Developer

Hello  

You can have Record-Type Relationships and achieve what you are expecting. Also I would recommend use ID of your Reference data to be saved in the Patient Record, so that later if any values from your reference would update It will reflect the same here as your PK will be pointing to the same data.

1. Click on add relationship from your Patient Record

2. Select your RecordType which would be your Reference

3. Select the suitable option, In this case Many to One. Select the field from Patient which has the Reference value and select the reference field which it refers to.

Save the Record. To use it in the display you can simple call in the below manner from your interface/rule

Know more about Record-Relationships and how to take advantage of it.

Children
No Data