Saving record from an interface

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Team,

We have multiple sections in the form and user will be updating them in between of time. (Interval of 5, 10, 15 minutes or an hour)

User want data to be saved as soon as they enter or select on the form and no save button.

I am thinking of off focus save like when user enters data and come out it should be saved in the record/db. Challange is what if they change the data.

Can you suggest any other way to handle the requirement considering performance point and no data loss.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I would try to push back this "requirement". The reason is, that you might have to implement this UX pattern on all interfaces in all applications once introduced. To keep UX consistent, I recommend to stay to the Appian OOTB supported features as close as possible.

Is it possible? Yes! Is it worth the effort for building and maintaining? Better be sure!

Certified Lead Developer

I would try to push back this "requirement". The reason is, that you might have to implement this UX pattern on all interfaces in all applications once introduced. To keep UX consistent, I recommend to stay to the Appian OOTB supported features as close as possible.

Is it possible? Yes! Is it worth the effort for building and maintaining? Better be sure!

Children
No Data