Why isn't there a default query record function like this following one in Appian which I made by myself

Description:

rule!OE_QueryOneRecordTypeByForeignKey(recordType, fkField, value)

Gets a record based on its foreign key field value

recordType (RecordType): queried record type

fkField (Record Field): foreign key field

value (Number (Integer)): integer value searched

a!localVariables(
  local!queryData: a!queryRecordType(
    recordType: ri!recordType,
    filters: {
      a!queryFilter(
        field: ri!fkField,
        operator: "=",
        value: ri!value,

),

},
    pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(startIndex: 1, batchSize: 1)
  ).data,
  if(
    a!isNotNullOrEmpty(local!queryData),
    local!queryData[1],
    null
  )
)

if it was OE_QueryRecordTypeByForeignKey, then you simply remove the [1] indexing

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This can be simplified a lot...

if(
      local!queryData[1],
      null
    )

can be re-written as just, index(local!queryData, 1, null()).

Additionally: creating a default record (and/or data store) query expression rule is up to the designer - I always do it for every new type I create.  The huge benefit to doing it yourself is you get to develop then follow your own coding convention(s), and build in whatever shortcut(s) you personally like.

For instance, for every "default record/datastore query" expression rule I create, I not only have a rule input to quickly query the Primary Key ID, but i also create other optional rule inputs to query other commonly-used fields if/when necessary.  The great thing about expression rules used in this manner is that they can be made to ignore any rule inputs not provided, so you can include a whole host of options that nest together if/when needed.

Certified Lead Developer

This can be simplified a lot...

if(
      local!queryData[1],
      null
    )

can be re-written as just, index(local!queryData, 1, null()).

Additionally: creating a default record (and/or data store) query expression rule is up to the designer - I always do it for every new type I create.  The huge benefit to doing it yourself is you get to develop then follow your own coding convention(s), and build in whatever shortcut(s) you personally like.

For instance, for every "default record/datastore query" expression rule I create, I not only have a rule input to quickly query the Primary Key ID, but i also create other optional rule inputs to query other commonly-used fields if/when necessary.  The great thing about expression rules used in this manner is that they can be made to ignore any rule inputs not provided, so you can include a whole host of options that nest together if/when needed.

Children
No Data