Data in sync record not updated after data sync

Certified Associate Developer

Hi everyone, 

I'm having these 2 tables. For each table I created 1 synced record, in synced record for Leave, I set a many to one relationship with Status, and by contrast, I set a one to many relationship for Status to Leave.    

I ran a SQL script in DB to update statusId values to 3 (UPDATE User SET statusId = 3) and when I check again, SELECT * FROM PPL Leave WHERE statusId <> 3 returns 0 result.

After that, I went into PPL Leave synced record and do a fully sync. I'm expect to see the synced record data to be updated to be the same with the table (all statusId = 3), but instead I can see no change in the sync record, and query SELECT * FROM PPL Leave WHERE statusId <> 3 returns 2 results (which I'm assuming after the sync, data in table was updated to be the same as in sync record). 

Is this a strange behaviour or did I set up something wrong? 

Also, if possible could you explain for me the below options under Write and Delete Related Records meaning?

Thanks for your help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you show the sync history page? Did the sync succeed? Also what happens if you make other kinds of changes (e.g. add or remove a row) - do you see any of those present in your record data?

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi, I did do a full manual sync after the data table update. The reason why I changed my DB data manually was to test the weird behaviour above only, normally I use Write to Data Store Entity to do the job, and I believe it also do an auto sync to my sync records. 

After some other testing on changing data, I can see only 3 particular rows keeps having that strange behaviours (when I change status ID, only these 3 row's statusId did not change), other rows was updated accordingly. But if I change the option for Write and Delete Related Record to Do not Write or Delete, those 3 rows were also be updated. Any explanation for that? By my understanding it should not have anything to do with the change...

Appian Employee
    in reply to Linh

Yeah I wouldn't expect this configuration to have any effect if you are making the changes via the database and doing a full sync.

Nothing obvious is coming to mind why this would be happening - is it possible you have a source filter or something that is filtering out the data? Also what happens if you delete those rows and then add them back in?

Appian Employee
    in reply to Linh

Yeah I wouldn't expect this configuration to have any effect if you are making the changes via the database and doing a full sync.

Nothing obvious is coming to mind why this would be happening - is it possible you have a source filter or something that is filtering out the data? Also what happens if you delete those rows and then add them back in?

Children
No Data