Sort Text field as Integer on record Grid

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I have a field for mobile numbers in my Appian application, but it is in text format instead of integer. Appian does not support 10 digits as an integer, so I cannot change it. I need to sort this mobile number field on a read-only grid, but it is sorting as a string due to the text format. I need it to be sorted as an integer field.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Harsh Kumar Agarwal

Phone numbers are often entered in a variety of formats. If even one digit in difference (length wise), the sorting via alphabetical versus via numeric will work completely differently.  I'm not quite as sure why it's so important to OP, of course, just pointing out that there *is* a tangible and easily-quantifiable difference which can actually affect the user experience in even simpler permutations of the use case.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Yes As per this Our Data for phone numbers is mixed with some having country codes and some only entering 10 digits 
    as that sorting makes a difference in text and integers As length is not similar  to Mike mentioned

If you sort as text, "9" would sort AFTER "1234", while as integers, 9 would sort BEFORE 1234.

The same thing is happening to one similar field on our Grid as its same to text