Tradeoffs Appian's cloud native Database (MariaDB) x Customer Database

Certified Senior Developer

Hi team, 

I'm planning the architecture of a new Appian Project for a new customer. The customer needs to know what are the tradeoffs of choosing the native appian cloud database (MariaDB) to store business data vs the own customer's database.

I know that exists some information about it in the documentation but I would like to know more about your practical experiences on it.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In general, the close the database system is, the lower the latency. Then I think this is a question of the data protection policies of that client and the overall IT architecture guidelines.

In my experience, with Appian, we do not use many of the countless database features and if you have no very specific requirements then just go with the included DB.

In case you want/need direct access, Appian provides a way to do that.

Certified Lead Developer

In general, the close the database system is, the lower the latency. Then I think this is a question of the data protection policies of that client and the overall IT architecture guidelines.

In my experience, with Appian, we do not use many of the countless database features and if you have no very specific requirements then just go with the included DB.

In case you want/need direct access, Appian provides a way to do that.

Children
No Data