How to export data to excel in a grid with more than 50 columns?

I am using a read-only grid to show data for reports. I need to export the data to excel but the grid has more than 50 columns. I have already tried default export to excel feature and a!exportDataStoreEntityToExcel() function but none of these worked. 

FYI:

• Data is in SQL.
  • Appian version is 23.2.
  • Columns cannot be merged or it's count can't be reduced

Is there any way I can export the data to excel?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi ,

If you face heap memory issues as suggested in other replies, then as a workaround you can use following approach.

1. Using 'Export Data Store Entity to Excel' export first 50 columns.

2. Use the above document again in to export the next 50 columns. You can repeat this step until it won't covers all the columns.

3. In the step 2 make sure starting cell should be the (max column from previous output + 1)

4. Also, in step 2 you can export in a new tab each time. Keep a unique identifier among the tabs for business to create a VLOOKUP to navigate from one tab to another.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi ,

If you face heap memory issues as suggested in other replies, then as a workaround you can use following approach.

1. Using 'Export Data Store Entity to Excel' export first 50 columns.

2. Use the above document again in to export the next 50 columns. You can repeat this step until it won't covers all the columns.

3. In the step 2 make sure starting cell should be the (max column from previous output + 1)

4. Also, in step 2 you can export in a new tab each time. Keep a unique identifier among the tabs for business to create a VLOOKUP to navigate from one tab to another.

Children
No Data