Data Fabric vs record object

Certified Associate Developer

Hi there, I wanted to understand what the differences between these 2 are. Data fabric seems to be relying on record object for what it does (from self-service analytics to AI Copilot, please add if I missed on any other offering), and hence would share the same limitations too? As for unifying data across different systems, that's something record has been doing for some time. So, what exactly does DF offers besides SSA and Co-pilot that wasn't already offered/done through Record object?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    Data fabric seems to be relying on record object for what it does (from self-service analytics to AI Copilot, please add if I missed on any other offering), and hence would share the same limitations too?

Record objects focus on Appian's internal data, Data Fabric integrates and manages data from various external systems, creating a more comprehensive view.

So, what exactly does DF offers besides SSA and Co-pilot that wasn't already offered/done through Record object?

Think of record objects as a toolbox for working with data within Appian. It's great for basic tasks. Data Fabric, however, is like a giant warehouse for your entire company's data, not just Appian's. This warehouse can connect to all sorts of external systems, giving you a complete picture of your information. Plus, it has high-security features to keep everything safe. Think of it this way, Record objects help you work with what you have, Data Fabric gives you a central place to manage everything and connect to more.

Certified Senior Developer
    Data fabric seems to be relying on record object for what it does (from self-service analytics to AI Copilot, please add if I missed on any other offering), and hence would share the same limitations too?

Record objects focus on Appian's internal data, Data Fabric integrates and manages data from various external systems, creating a more comprehensive view.

So, what exactly does DF offers besides SSA and Co-pilot that wasn't already offered/done through Record object?

Think of record objects as a toolbox for working with data within Appian. It's great for basic tasks. Data Fabric, however, is like a giant warehouse for your entire company's data, not just Appian's. This warehouse can connect to all sorts of external systems, giving you a complete picture of your information. Plus, it has high-security features to keep everything safe. Think of it this way, Record objects help you work with what you have, Data Fabric gives you a central place to manage everything and connect to more.

Children
No Data