Defining Case Visibility for loggedinuser()

Certified Senior Developer

We have a requirement to see the cases on dashboard based on some criteria.  This criteria is defined in a table called user access details. Details of all the cases are present in one record.

How can we apply these user access details values as filters inside another record to get the values??

Note: For a single user, there can be multiple user access details, so there will be multiple rows. Each row need to be applied as filter to the record.

Screenshots have been added for reference. First image refers to user access details, second one refers to data table

When User A logs into Appian, they should see only caseid 1001, when user B logs in they should see only case 1003. How can we achieve this using Records??

We already tried using record level security, but here we can define only static values. But, in our scenario we need to define dynamic values which will be varied on logged in user.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

The issue is the user access data will be directly edited by business from the front end. So if we split data for each and every product, platform respectively, they will appear as individual rows in the front end. Once we split the data, and try to combine it once again, we might misinterpret the data. Thats why I said business is not ok with having individual rows

in reply to Sarathkumar R

Why do you have to display individual rows then? You can have individual rows in the back end and have a single row on the interface level just to display. I agree with Stefan here, Business will not be aware how things can be or should be when it comes to implementation. Its in your hands to handle that and in the front end you give them what they want.

I think your requirement is straight forward. You collect the data against each user and create multiple unique rows and when you display try displaying in a single row with the list of Products or Platforms related. I guess records should come in handy and also some mapping of data in the interface variables if needed.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sarathkumar R

Then, you will have to find a way to turn this into a usable UI. But trying to create a permission model on some "interesting" ideas from the business side will get you into trouble.