Export data store entity to excel smart service and a view with more than 50 columns

Certified Senior Developer

Hi everyone,

I have a database view that contains a total of 62 fields. Most of the fields are empty except for the first few fields, some fields in the middle of the view, and the last two fields. It is crucial that the order of these fields cannot be changed. I'm creating a process that returns the data from the view to an Excel file.

I'm using the smart service "Export Data Store Entity to Excel", but it has a limitation of 50 fields, so I cannot export all the fields to an Excel file. As a workaround, I have tried the following:

1. I split the CDT that points to the view into two CDTs (each with half of the fields of the view) and linked two "Export Data Store Entity to Excel" nodes. The first node generates the Excel file correctly from cell "A1" to cell "AE1". I pass the resulting document as an input parameter to the second node in the "Document to Update" field. Additionally, in the second node, I use the data store entity of the second half of the fields of the view and set "Starting Cell" = "AF1" so that it places the rest of the fields after the first half. The result of this second node is a document with empty cells from "A1" to "AE1" (nothing remains from the first document, which was generated correctly), and from cell "AF1" to the end, filled with the second half of the fields of the view. This second node overwrites the values entered by the first node.

When an input document is used for this smart service, all cells to the right and left of the rows where the node is going to write are overwritten as empty. It only respects the rows that are above or below.

For example, if I use a document with data from cell A1 to cell E5, as "Document to Update" in a node that is going to write a value in cell E3, I'll have a document like first one, but all the values from E1 to E5 will be empty except for cell E3.     
  2. I tried generating two Excel files in parallel to then merge them, but the result is that the fields from the second Excel file are placed below the fields from the first one:

Doc1: data from cell A1 to cell D4; Doc2: data from cell A1 to cell D4; the resulting merged excel file: data from cell A1 to cell D8, But I would need an Excel with the values joined in the same rows: from cell A1 to cell H4

I can't use the "export to excel" smart service from "Excel tools" plugin because its deprecated. And I can't change the order or the view fields.

Is there any way to achieve what I need?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible