We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Record Actions from different Record Types under the parent Record Type

In a hypothetical scenario, I have two Record Types. 'Program' is a parent Record Type of 'Course', linked by 'Program ID'. (i.e., one-to-many relationship between Program and Course)

In the Program Record Type, I need to have two Views; one for Program, and another for Course(s). To make it clear, the need here is to have the View "tabs" sitting next to each other on the UI for an easy navigation between the two views. Extending on these Views, I'd like to also add the 'Create', 'Update' and 'Delete' Record Actions for both Record Types. So far so good.

Where I've been stuck in my implementation is figuring out a way to pass in the 'Program ID' to the Record Actions for the Course. I have no problem invoking the Record Action using the a!recordActionItem() function, but I'll need to somehow pass in the 'Program ID' to tie newly created Courses to a Program. Am I stuck here because this is not the proper implementation of the Record Actions? Or am I just missing something so obvious? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data