How to query table count from oracle DB and display the result in appian screen?

How to query table count from oracle DB and display the result in appian screen?

I have used the below "Query Database" smart service to fetch the number of table count from DB. But I receive the below error:

"You should enter only a single query in a row."

My query - SELECT COUNT(1) AS NO_OF_TABLE_CNT FROM USER_TABLES;

Please help me to get the table count. Is there any other option available apart from using this Query Database smart service?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Remove the semi-colon to alleviate the "single query" error in the Query DB node.

You can also connect a CDT to the USER_TABLES object, just as you would to any other table/view object, then utilize a!queryEntity with paging (1,1), and the totalCount will tell you the number of tables.

Also to confirm, USER_TABLES will contain the tables OWNED by your account, to get the "total table count in the DB" you would need to reference ALL_TABLES.

• Remove the semi-colon to alleviate the "single query" error in the Query DB node.

You can also connect a CDT to the USER_TABLES object, just as you would to any other table/view object, then utilize a!queryEntity with paging (1,1), and the totalCount will tell you the number of tables.

Also to confirm, USER_TABLES will contain the tables OWNED by your account, to get the "total table count in the DB" you would need to reference ALL_TABLES.

Children
No Data