In a record view I have a section that contains a read only grid. The first col

In a record view I have a section that contains a read only grid. The first column of the grid is the title of an entry and the title is a link. Clicking that link I will expose the metadata and specifics for that enty in a hidden section below the grid. Is it possible to initiate an edit process for the selected entry via say a button in that hidden section that says "Edit"? The use case here is a viewer accesses an entry in the grid and upon reviewing the data may wish to either edit that entry and or add a note to the entry. So I want to be able to have the user initiate this edit/add note action from this view. What I would rather not do is have them view the entry and then have to select the entry then scroll up to initiate a related action.

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-139543

OriginalPostID-139543

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes it is possible, in SAIL Recipes you can find how to edit data in paging grid for your use case just save the ID (Primary Key) of the entry you want to edit in a PV and use a query rule which returns the data based on the ID and then simply you can display the data in fields of your hidden section using dot notation for example GridSelect is your variable in which you store ID, your rule name is example and your field name in grid is ""
  • Yes it is possible, in SAIL Recipes you can find how to edit data in paging grid for your use case just save the ID (Primary Key) of the entry you want to edit in a PV and use a query rule which returns the data based on the ID and then simply you can display the data in fields of your hidden section using dot notation for example GridSelect is your variable in which you store ID, your rule name is example and your field name in grid is ""
Children
No Data