In a record view I have a section that contains a read only grid. The first col

In a record view I have a section that contains a read only grid. The first column of the grid is the title of an entry and the title is a link. Clicking that link I will expose the metadata and specifics for that enty in a hidden section below the grid. Is it possible to initiate an edit process for the selected entry via say a button in that hidden section that says "Edit"? The use case here is a viewer accesses an entry in the grid and upon reviewing the data may wish to either edit that entry and or add a note to the entry. So I want to be able to have the user initiate this edit/add note action from this view. What I would rather not do is have them view the entry and then have to select the entry then scroll up to initiate a related action.

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-139543

OriginalPostID-139543

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Mike, unfortunately your actual scenario isn't (currently) possible. Related actions can only be launched from the Related Actions view or the default buttons that are placed at the top of the Record view. You could update the data by using webservicewrite() functions on the Record dashboard but this isn't a recommended approach.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Mike, unfortunately your actual scenario isn't (currently) possible. Related actions can only be launched from the Related Actions view or the default buttons that are placed at the top of the Record view. You could update the data by using webservicewrite() functions on the Record dashboard but this isn't a recommended approach.
Children
No Data