There are total 15 tables that i need to access in the db for the record dashboa

There are total 15 tables that i need to access in the db for the record dashboard. So i have created a view in database connecting those 15 tables. Now when i created an xsd/CDT in appian and trying to save&publish in the datastore, it is throwing an error that, the view cannot be altered at db as it is a view not a table.
Can anybody let me know, how to link a CDT with database View ?

OriginalPostID-149526

OriginalPostID-149526

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Per the error, looks like one of the column attributes (type) does not match or you are missing identifying the unique field as @ID. You need to make a unique field (and if you are concatenating PKs from one or more tables use a separator 1-12). This will be your @ID. Don't use @GeneratedValue since you don't want a sequence.

Also, per Myles, 15 tables will not perform well. I recommend making views where it makes sense. On a record dashboard, you can execute multiple query rules so you don't need just one call. However, make sure you are pulling only the data you need, pull when needed, don't pull all at once and check performance because excessive queries can be as costly as a bad view.

Hope that helps
  • Per the error, looks like one of the column attributes (type) does not match or you are missing identifying the unique field as @ID. You need to make a unique field (and if you are concatenating PKs from one or more tables use a separator 1-12). This will be your @ID. Don't use @GeneratedValue since you don't want a sequence.

Also, per Myles, 15 tables will not perform well. I recommend making views where it makes sense. On a record dashboard, you can execute multiple query rules so you don't need just one call. However, make sure you are pulling only the data you need, pull when needed, don't pull all at once and check performance because excessive queries can be as costly as a bad view.

Hope that helps
Children
No Data