Hi Within Records, I believe there is a 100-row result list limit. On

Hi

Within Records, I believe there is a 100-row result list limit. Only the first 100 rows of the record group are returned or visible to the user.

Obviously, this is not an issue if there are 100 or less rows in the group, but when there are more than 100 then rows do not appear on the screen.

My question: does this limit still exist in the latest release of Appian?
And or is there a best practice method to grouping records into these 100 row group sets so the user can see all the rows in a group?
Alternatively, is there a way of paging through the result group when there are more than 100 rows?

Cheers
Tony

OriginalPostID-152217

OriginalPostID-152217

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Appian 7.9 documentation says "By default, the page lists the first 100 different types of records in alphabetical order."

Reference link:- forum.appian.com/.../Records.html

As best of my knowledge we cant not change the default records view limit. You can use the service backed records search functionality to let user search on different combination of parameters like search by 'CustomerName-Location'. or 'customerName' only
  • @tonyc Here goes the answers to your questions:

does this limit still exist in the latest release of Appian?
    Answer: Yes, this still exists, as pointed by vahluwalia.

And or is there a best practice method to grouping records into these 100 row group sets so the user can see all the rows in a group?
    Answer: There is a best practice mentioned but it doesn't exactly defines how to do it. Rather it simply states that what ever is done, shouldn't exceed 100 in any case. It is up to us how we handle this 100 limit. Here goes the best practice from the documentation:
    "Only the first 100 records display on a record list view. If the number of records for a record type exceeds 100, create simple alphabetical user filters so that each option displays up to 100 records." (Reference: https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.9/Record_Design.html#Record_List_View_Design >> Create User Filters to Show Additional Records)

Alternatively, is there a way of paging through the result group when there are more than 100 rows?
    Answer: As already specified in the documentation and afaik, we need to handle the 100 limit some how by making use of user filters.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Another way is to create a report with a grid having record links. This way you could implement a more intuitive search functionality and save more than 100 results. The links would take you directly to the wanted record item. From there you could look at additional dashboard and launch related actions, bypassing the default record list view.
    Certified Lead Developer
    This may have changed in the latest versions of Appian, but previously service (expression) backed records did not have the 100 item limit and so a primitive form of paging could be created using a dynamic "paging" facet. The expression-backed records, however, require a considerable amount of time and effort to set up.