Dear all, I have a Order CDT that have as a property a list of Customers (C

Dear all,
I have a Order CDT that have as a property a list of Customers (Customers being defined also as a CDT). In the Records Tab we need to display only Order record, and inside the Record View we need to display a link, to another screen, to see a Grid View with the Customers of the Order.
The thing is that we do not want to see Customers in the Record Tab.
As implementation, I was thinking at having for the Order Record two views, one to display the lending page of the Order ( Summary) and one to display the Grid View for the Customers allocated to the Order (Customers). I defined the interface rules and I tried to use the a!recordLink for this but I receive this error: "The record view does not exist or you do not have permission to see it. (APNX-1-4205-015)"
I call the Customers View using the following code:
a!linkField(
links: a!recordLink(
label: "View Customer",
recordType: cons!ORDER...

OriginalPostID-166177

OriginalPostID-166177

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @octavianp If I understand the problem correctly, I think there is a problem with the value of 'dashboard' attribute you are making use of in the a!recordLink() function and here goes some explanation assuming that the security is properly set on the record type, underlying data source and record views.

You could derive the 'dashboard' attribute by looking at the url of the Record View in the browser's url as follows:

Eaxmple 1: Url of the 'Summary' Record View always ends up with the 'summary' (present after /view/ at the last in the url) and this is the default value of the dashboard attribute in a!recordLink() function if you don't provide any value to the 'dashboard' argument.

https://testsite.com/suite/tempo/#!/records/type/auditAssignment/item/jcByvBcbxJX4UwmANxo_F8NHTUbmP0F-HTHQIVcjII6kiL_TXC3vKF7F6_q9Kq1i75HRVyIMCj8/view/summary

a!linkField(
    recordType: cons!ORDER_RECORD,
    identifier: ri!ID,
    dashboard: "summary"
    )
    \ t)\ t

Example 2: Other Record Views ends up with an identifier auto generated by Appian. For the dashboard other than Summary, you can find a unique identifier which may be similar to '_F9S_ow' (present after /view/ at the last in the url) as shown below (an example from our Appian instance).
    https://testsite.com/suite/tempo/#!/records/type/auditAssignment/item/jcByvBcbxJX4UwmANxo_F8NHTUbmP0F-HTHQIVcjII6kiL_TXC3vKF7F6_q9Kq1i75HRVyIMCj8/view/_F9S_ow

a!linkField(
    dashboard: "_F9S_ow"
    )
    \ t)

Hope the above explanation gives you leads to some extent. Please do let us know if you have any follow up questions.
  • @octavianp If I understand the problem correctly, I think there is a problem with the value of 'dashboard' attribute you are making use of in the a!recordLink() function and here goes some explanation assuming that the security is properly set on the record type, underlying data source and record views.

You could derive the 'dashboard' attribute by looking at the url of the Record View in the browser's url as follows:

Eaxmple 1: Url of the 'Summary' Record View always ends up with the 'summary' (present after /view/ at the last in the url) and this is the default value of the dashboard attribute in a!recordLink() function if you don't provide any value to the 'dashboard' argument.

https://testsite.com/suite/tempo/#!/records/type/auditAssignment/item/jcByvBcbxJX4UwmANxo_F8NHTUbmP0F-HTHQIVcjII6kiL_TXC3vKF7F6_q9Kq1i75HRVyIMCj8/view/summary

a!linkField(
    dashboard: "summary"
    )
    \ t)\ t

Example 2: Other Record Views ends up with an identifier auto generated by Appian. For the dashboard other than Summary, you can find a unique identifier which may be similar to '_F9S_ow' (present after /view/ at the last in the url) as shown below (an example from our Appian instance).
    https://testsite.com/suite/tempo/#!/records/type/auditAssignment/item/jcByvBcbxJX4UwmANxo_F8NHTUbmP0F-HTHQIVcjII6kiL_TXC3vKF7F6_q9Kq1i75HRVyIMCj8/view/_F9S_ow

a!linkField(
    dashboard: "_F9S_ow"
    )
    \ t)

Hope the above explanation gives you leads to some extent. Please do let us know if you have any follow up questions.
Children
No Data